Saturday 18 October 2008

POEM - Tribute To Eric


I carried you home today
A bundle of fluff whimpering to stay
Within my cosy arms nice and warm
That reminded you of your loving mum
Our baby boy cradled against my tum

A young pup you are a few weeks on
Mischief your middle name our little one
Digging up our lovely garden one second
Tearing up my husbands mail the next
You little devil of the male sex

Years have drifted by so fast
You are no longer a pup at last
You are now our loyal companion
So proud and full of yourself
Adoring Eric he knows himself

Your many balls your favourite toys
If we did not throw them you would make some noise
In front of us no matter what we do
Waiting, barking and yelping for us to throw
The ball for you to fetch and bring for another go

Years are going by way to fast
You're a senior of the canine cast
Still obsessed with your toys and balls
You're just a little slower now of course
Although you never knew the source

You waited until I came home today
Before you came to my lap to stay
Waiting, you wanted your mum's love and comfort
Knowing that the last breath was soon to come
Rest in peace Eric nestled against my tum


A Poem for my sister's dog who passed away on Tuesday 20th March 2007

Written By
Elven Bloodwolf

No comments: